Essex AKE-5 Keypad Keyless Entry Systems
Imagine the convenience of Keyless EntryŽ on your
car or light truck. The Essex AKE-5 makes it possible. The Essex AKE-5 is a low profile, self contained Keyless EntryŽ System.
Developed and manufactured by Essex Electronics, the company that invented Keyless Entry for Ford Motor Company over 25 years ago,
the AKE-5 combines cutting edge switch technology with keyless convenience.
The Essex AKE-5 features:
- Keyless Convenience
- Multiple User Codes
- Weatherproof, Illuminated Keypad
- Easy to Program: Add, modify or delete Users from the Keypad
- Low profile, vandal resistant design with no moving parts
- Essex advanced Piezoelectric Switch Technology™
- Tamper Alarm Lockout: Multiple incorrect entries trigger tamper alarm and system lock out for 30 seconds
- Non Volatile Memory Protection: Retains codes and programming in the event of a power interruption
|The AKE-5 Self Contained Keyless EntryŽ system for
automotive and light truck applications. Utilizing Essex proprietary Billion Cycle Switch Technology™. The
keypad is designed to provide years of trouble free operation.
Why choose an Essex AKE-5 over a standard remote key fob system?
- No need to carry keys with you everywhere you go. Simply enter your personalized 3 to 8 digit access code at the Keypad to unlock the door. With the
AKE-5, you can even hide your keys in your secured vehicle.
This gives you the freedom to go to the beach, to play golf or go anywhere without having to carry keys.
- No more waiting for roadside
assistance because of keys or remote key fobs locked inside of your vehicle. The
AKE-5 eliminates the possibility of being locked out.
- In addition to the master code, up to 5 user codes can be easily programmed. Leave your vehicle at the airport or some other destination for a friend, loved one or even yourself with the keys locked & hidden safely inside the vehicle.
- Auxilliary devices like electric trunk release can be operated from the keypad.
Total Control at your fingertips...
Purchase an Essex
Watch AKE-5 Installation
Look at AKE-5 Installation Article
- Keypad Input Requirements: 12 V DC
- Keypad Current Draw: <15 mA Standby, 60 mA Maximum
- Keypad Dimensions: 1" H x 5" W x 1/2" D
- Keypad Weight: 6.2 oz. (175 gm)
- Keypad Outputs: 1/4A Grounding for Lock/Unlock, Dome Light, Arm Enabling and Auxiliary Devices (may require relays)
- Auxilliary Outputs: 3 1/4A Grounding (may require relays)
- Keypad Switch Life: >1 Billion Cycles
- Keypad Operating Environment: 100% Relative Humidity
- Keypad Operating Temperature:-40°C to +70°C(-40°F to +160°F)
- Keypad Codes: 1 master code, 5 user codes
- Code Length: Variable Length Codes: 3 to 8 digits
||Proud to be a U.S. Manufacturer